Cholay Recipe Pakistani Generally at any party gets together anniversary celebration this recipe is sure to be there as youngsters to adults all like to eat it. You may even serve Punjabi Cholas with jeera rice, plain rice, or roti or chapatti.
A combination of jeera rice and Chola can be liked by all. Lovers of rice will definitely like to eat it.
Even Samosa and chole, dal is also served together and this also tastes nice. You can try any of those mixtures.
Cholay Recipe Pakistani
- 1 cup chickpeas (Kabuli chana or Chola)
- 2-Three large tomatoes
- half tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 tsp Corriander Powder (Dhania powder)
- 1/Four tsp turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Tej Patta
- half tsp red chili powder
- 2tsp Chola Masala
- 1/Four tsp Garam Masala
- 3-Four tsp Lemon juice or 1/Four tsp Amchur Powder
- 1tsp Salt (modify to style)
- 1 green chili
- Three tbsp oil
- Soak Chole in water for at least 5-6 hours.
- Give 3-4whistle’s to chola’s with 3-Four cups of water in the cooker.
- Add salt to it and cook on medium-low flame for 20 minutes.
- Grind tomato, green chili, and ginger together in a mixer.
- Now take a pan and put oil into it. Place it on high flame. When the oil is ready add cumin seeds, asafoetida, and the tej patta to it.
- Now add tomato ginger paste to it. Add all spices to it like coriander powder, Haldi, and red chili powder.
- When the paste is prepared now add chole masala and garam masala to it.
- Now add cooked chole to the paste. Bring it to a boil and cook it again for another 5 minutes on low-medium flame and for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Now at last add lemon juice to it or amchur powder.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Now your Chola is ready. Serve it with Bhatura’s or Plain Rice or jeera rice.
Instead of Chola masala, you can also use garam masala and amchur powder extra in amount. Like instead of 1/Four tsp garam masala use half tsp Garam Masala and half tsp Amchur powder.